Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Fargo Philosophy doesn't involve wood chippers.


          Could you hold my coffee for a second, please?  I need to punch somebody (metaphorically speaking of course).  I have had an extremely difficult week fraught with disappointment, incompetence, frustration, and customer service at such a low level it might be termed customer abuse; all of this on top of the unending refusal of winter to cede its influence to that of spring.  Am I angry?  Yes, that’s why someone needs to be bitch slapped, and it doesn’t even matter who.
          I considered venting through this entire post, giving just enough details to avoid a libel suit, but enough to point my finger at inept culprits of my angst.  But every time I started to compose the first few paragraphs, I found myself seeing red and getting as worked up as I was yesterday afternoon.  That is not a good prompt for writing, nor is it the kind of image of myself that I want to portray.  As a completely unrelated aside, if I have ever recommended doing business with a certain credit union, please disregard that advice.
          Alright, give me my coffee back; I’m not going to hit anyone (maybe).  The weather is improving with the cessation of the rains and the relative approach of somewhat seasonal temperatures.  I might don a sweater or two, and attempt to do some work out on the deck this afternoon; maybe even catch a glimpse of that nearby star they call “sun.”  The unwarranted crisis of irritating idiocy resolved itself yesterday at exactly one minute before five (and one minute before I would have erupted into a volcanic demon bent on devouring a few very select souls).  So maybe, just maybe, this is going to be a good day.
          My puppy is peacefully sleeping on my lap, there are song birds singing outside my window, my workload is manageable today, I am desperately trying to ignore the mental recap of the last few days that is playing in the back of my mind, the skies are a vague resemblance of blue, I believe there is actually some sun shining on a pasture across the valley and this coffee tastes pretty good.
          Y’all know I’m a sucker for a good quote, well, remember Marg Gunderson from Fargo in the ending sequence? 
         “And for what?  For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know.  Don'tcha know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it.
         It is going to be a beautiful day, and if you disagree, you’re going to get hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment